Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Review - Mountain Dew Kickstart Orange Citrus

Bottler: PepsiCo

Calories per Ounce: 5

Caffeine: YES (92 mg per 16 oz)

Aaron's Comments: Of all the pretend healthy caffeine delivery devices known as Kickstart, I think that orange citrus is my favorite. This is something of a surprise to me because while I am generally okay with orange flavored sodas, I am generally not as enthusiastic about them as I am about other fruit flavored sodas. Perhaps the trace amounts of concentrated orange juice in the Kickstart enhances the flavor just enough to put it over the edge. With ice, the orange flavor almost disappears and the only thing left is the citric acid taste. Once again, although the soda was clearly not intended for use in an ice cream float, I added some vanilla ice cream to it anyway. It works reasonably well as an ice cream float, but the unusual way that Kickstart is sweetened seems to produce a soda that is a little thin for this purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment