Friday, August 22, 2014

Sodas from Our Travels

The redhead and I traveled to Gen Con and back last week, traveling from Virginia through West Virginia and Kentucky to Indiana and back again. And I took the opportunity to pick up a few sodas that I noticed that aren't really available in my local area (and a few that are, but I picked up anyway).

The only two sodas that I specifically set out to get were Ale-8-1, a soda from the redhead's childhood going to summer camp in central Kentucky, and Big Red, which the redhead described as the official drink of Indiana. But we also picked up several flavors of Cool Mountain soda, a drink apparently related to Big Red called Big Blue, Red Rock Golden Ginger Ale, and Barq's Red Creme Soda, which seems to be an attempt to compete with Big Red. Along with the giant care package from Dustin, this collection of sodas should keep me occupied for the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment