Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Review - I.B.C. Cream Soda

Bottler: Dr. Pepper

Calories per Ounce: 15

Caffeine: No

Aaron's Comments: Odd as it may sound, cream soda is not one of my favorite sodas. I love root beer, and most modern root beers use vanilla as their dominant flavoring. So one would think that cream soda, which is explicitly just a vanilla flavored soda, would be right up my alley. And yet so many cream sodas have such a weak flavor that they just remind me that I'm not drinking root beer. And I.B.C.'s cream soda isn't really an exception. It is sweet enough, and you can definitely taste the vanilla flavor, but it seems to be lacking something. With ice added, the vanilla flavor feels slightly more full-bodied, but the soda still seems like weak root beer. When used to make an ice cream float, the vanilla ice cream seems like it should overwhelm the flavor of the soda, but the soda holds up adequately, resulting in an decent, albeit somewhat thin feeling, ice cream float.

No comments:

Post a Comment