Thursday, February 26, 2015

Review - Monticello Root Beer

Bottler: Old Dominion Brewing Company

Calories per Ounce: 14.2

Caffeine: No

Aaron's Comments: One of the side effects one will get as a result of reading this blog is a healthy dose of the range of sodas that are mostly only available in or near Charlottesville, Virginia. I don't live in Charlottesville, but I am a graduate of the University of Virginia, and I live close enough that I can visit a couple of times a year. The last time I was there I found this local soda and picked up a bottle. Like Dominion Root Beer, Monticello Root Beer is flavored with honey, which gives the soda something of a smooth texture while still retaining the spicy bite of good root beer. With ice, the honey flavor comes to the fore and the spicy bite is muted, making the entire experience a much smoother one. With the smooth honey and spicy bite, it should come as no surprise that it mixes well with ice cream, merging with the sweetness of the vanilla to deliver an excellent spicy-sweet combination. Overall, this is a very good root beer, and one that I recommend trying if one gets the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment