Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Review - Big Red

Bottler: Big Red, Inc.

Calories per Ounce: 12.5

Caffeine: Yes

Aaron's Comments: Like all red cream sodas, Big Red tastes a little bit like bubble gum with a hint of vanilla. I have been reliably informed that it is the state drink of Indiana, but for the life of me I can't figure out why. As red cream sodas go, it has a thin, almost tinny taste that highlights the bubble gum aspect and downplays the vanilla. Over ice, the sodas high carbonation content is apparent, and the bubble gum flavor still takes the front seat. Adding ice cream improves the soda considerably, muting the bubble gum flavor and pushing the vanilla to the forefront. It doesn't make for a really good ice cream float, but it is certainly better than the soda is on its own. As one might guess, I didn't particularly like Big Red. In fact, I was so unimpressed with this soda that didn't even finish the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment