Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Review - Reed's Ginger Beer

Bottler: Reed's Inc.

Calories per Ounce: 12

Caffeine: No

Aaron's Comments: Reed's Ginger Beer is a higher quality soda than I have reviewed before - the label claims that it contains 25% fruit juice, presumably the result of the 26 grams of fresh ginger per bottle that this beverage is supposed to contain, although I'm not sure that ginger qualifies as a fruit. When I brought home a four-pack of this, Angela tried some, and absolutely hated it. My friend Dave is a fan of ginger beer, and tried a bottle which he declared to be pretty good. I'm pretty much somewhere in the middle with respect to Reed's Ginger Beer. I don't find it terrible - the initial strong ginger flavor of the beer is fairly good, but I don't find it all that enjoyable either - the aftertaste it leaves behind is about what I'd imagine drinking muddy gravel would taste like. Over ice, Reed's Ginger Beer is worse, as the ginger flavor is muted while the aftertaste is not. Oddly, when used in an ice cream float, it is tolerable, mostly because the ice cream flavor overwhelms the gravelly aftertaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment