Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Review - Barq's Root Beer

Bottler: Barq's, Inc., a Coca-Cola Company.

Calories per Ounce: 13.3

Caffeinated? Yes.

Aaron's Comments: Barq's Root Beer has always tasted a little different from other root beers to me, and a little research revealed why - it was not originally formulated as root beer, but is instead a sarsparilla based drink. Barq's is also different from most other root beers in that it contains caffeine. It has a sharper taste than most other root beers, and almost no taste of vanilla. Over ice, Barq's loses much of its bite, and becomes almost bland. It makes an adequate, although unspectacular root beer float, as the sharp flavor doesn't blend particularly well with ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. What ice cream are you using? I'm drinking Barq's over Breyer's Natural Vanilla right now, which is my favorite combo - but then again it's what I grew up on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sue London: I'm currently using Turkey Hill vanilla bean ice cream. I am also partial to Breyer's, but that's not what I have in the freezer right now.

    ReplyDelete